Friday, April 26, 2013

Wheatgrass & Apple Cider Vinegar

Happy Friday Folks!

Raise your hand if you take/have tried wheatgrass and apple cider vinegar?



I take both of these every morning and let me tell you they are wonderful! I heard about both products but I brushed it off. It takes a lot for me to try something new, mainly because I think most products don't actually do anything for you except take your money.

A friend of mine force fed me his concoction of water, apple cider vinegar and wheat grass. My first reaction was, it's not horrible tasting, I mean it is not good by any means, but I didn't puke afterwards. And my second thought was, let me look up what these two products actually do for you.

Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar:

1. Lowers high cholesterol
2. Lowers high blood pressure
3. Cures sinus infections
4. Cures head aches
5. Cures sore throat
6. Cures flu
7. Cures allergies
8. Helps with weight loss
9. Detoxes the body
10. Balances the inner ecosystem
11. Eases arthritis, stiff joints, and gout
12. Strengthens stomach acid
13. Helps lower glucose levels (diabetes)

There is an entire book on the benefits of taking apple cider vinegar, I am not joking folks! I saw it at Barnes and Noble.

Benefits of Wheatgrass:

1. Builds red blood cells
2. Contains over 90 minerals
3. Contains 19 amino acids
4. Cleanses the body
5. Boosts the body's immune system to fight against illness and ailment
6. Stimulates the thyroid gland, correcting obesity and indigestion
7. Detoxes the body

I take both of these each morning before eating. I feel great! I am regularly using the restroom, I feel an increase in energy, and overall I just feel better. As I told you folks before, I was skeptical to try it, let alone buy it. But I did and I was taking it for about two months. Then I ran out and was too cheap to buy some more. I probably went a month without taking them and I really did notice a difference. I didn't feel as strong during my runs and my energy level wasn't as high. I also noticed that I wasn't going to the restroom as regularly as I was before.

Two weeks ago I bought some wheatgrass again and I am back to feeling good. I'm not going to lie, it is not very good. After a couple of times of feeling like I was going to puke, I can now take it just fine. If you are thinking about trying it, I recommend taking it with some orange juice at first so that it goes down better. I take the powdered form of wheatgrass (see picture above) and the Bragg brand of apple cider vinegar. I bought both of these products at the Vitamin Shoppe.

I am not trying to sell you folks any products, trust me, no one pays me for this little ol' blog. I just wanted to let you know about something that I find that has really helped me. Don't take my word for it folks. Do some research, make a friend give you a free sample like I did ;)

Let me know if you do try it and how you feel afterwards. Have a great weekend folks!


3 comments:

  1. What measurements do you use? Do you just use an 8oz class and mix everything together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, 1 scoop of wheatgrass or 2 tablespoons of wheatgrass and I mix them all together in an 8 oz glass of water.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...